- Electric eels of South America can produce a shock of 600 volts. (Hint: 600 volts could kill humans) True or False?
- The body of Porifera (sponges) are supported by a skeleton of silica, lime or protien.
- What are the largest leaf, smallest flower, and longest plant in the water world?
- An octopus and a raccoon have in common?
A. They are very intelligent.
B. They are secretive.
C. Making them a pet can get on your nerves quickly.
- What do fish use to hear sounds?
A. Otoliths (ear stones)
B. Air-filled swim bladder
C. Fish don't hear sounds.
- Fish are:
A. All cold-blooded.
B. All warm-blooded.
C. Cold-blooded except for tuna and sharks.
D. Half warm; half cold-blooded.
- Most fishes (fresh and salt water combined) live in what percentage of the earth's water?
- The highest temperature ever recorded for a thriving species of fish is:
A. 98 ° F
B. 104 ° F
C. 130° F
D. 178 ° F
- The marine betta mimics what animal?